Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last April 15th, I was eventually seated at "my" booked table at Frenchie restaurant I rue du Nil, Paris 2 I with my Chéri Chéri and a lovely couple ! "Eventually" because if you come to try to call, you soon realize that this is not an easy task ...
I hate answering machines, and I had a lot ! After 4 unsuccessful attempts, I surrendered and left a voice mail with the wished date / time / number of persons.
Another little thing to know... It's almost two months to wait before enjoying Grégory Marchand's fine cuisine, the Chef ! No need to say that I pulled my iPhone to record the date + alarm reminder setting !

The Frenchie immediately surprised by the choice of its location: tucked in a tiny street in the hidden trail, he and another Thai restaurant,  are the 2 only shops in Rue du Nil.
The interior design : a cozy atmosphere, soft lighting, red brick, dark wood, light bulbs with incandescent filaments in suspension and chandeliers travel all over the restaurant's ceiling, which benefits a beautiful volume. The tables are reasonably distant from each other. Detail that matters as in Parisian restaurants I often have that awful feeling of eating in the lap of my neighbor, I can also get up without having to play Tetris with all the tables around...
The dishes and flavours : so so good ! so so perfect ! from appetizers to desserts, from white wine to red wine to cognac ...

So much, that all menu details escaped from my mind since and only remains the memory of an incredible dinner from 9pm to 1am !
Only 2 words : Go ! Go !


Le 15 avril dernier, j'étais enfin installée à "ma" table au restaurant Frenchie I rue du Nil, Paris 2 I  avec mon amoureux et un couple d'amis ! "Enfin" parce que si à votre tour, vous tentez de les appeler vous vous rendrez vite compte que ce n'est pas chose aisée...
Moi qui déteste les répondeurs, j'ai été servie ! Après 4 tentatives vaines, j'ai capitulé et ai laissé un message avec date / heure / nombre de personnes souhaitées.
L'autre petite chose à savoir, c'est qu'il y a à peu près 2 mois d'attente avant de pouvoir savourer la cuisine de Grégory Marchand, son chef ! Pas besoin de vous dire que j'ai dégainé mon iPhone pour noter la date + alarme de rappel !

Le Frenchie étonne d'emblée par le choix de son emplacement : niché dans une toute petite rue cachée dans le Sentier, lui et un autre restaurant Thailandais, sont les 2 seuls commerces de la rue du Nil.
Côté décor : ambiance feutrée, lumière douce, briques rouge, bois foncé, ampoules aux filaments incandescents et lustres en suspension parcourent tout le plafond du restaurant, qui bénéficie d'un beau volume. Les tables sont raisonnablement distantes les unes des autres.  Détail d'importance parce que du coup je n'ai pas la désagréable impression de manger sur les genoux de mon voisin, je peux aussi me lever sans avoir à jouer au Tétris avec toutes les tables...
Côté assiette et saveurs : trop trop bon ! trop trop parfait ! de l'entrée au dessert, du blanc au rouge au cognac...

Tellement que les détails de mon menu m'échappent et que seul subsiste le souvenir d'une diner incroyable de 21h à 1h !
Allez-y ! Allez-y !


No comments:

Post a Comment